I was tagged by my lovely bookish buddy Liliana to do the Classics Book Tag! Particularly when you blog a lot about YA, classics are overlooked. So let’s get into it!…
1. An over-hyped classic you really didn’t like:
I think The Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger is massively over-hyped. It’s not a particularly bad book, I just don’t think it’s as good as people make it out to be. The writing just wasn’t my thing.
2. Favourite time period to read about?:
I thought about this for a while but I genuinely don’t have a preference!
3. Favourite fairytale?:
Oh that is Rapunzel, without a doubt! Book version, Disney version, retelling…any form, I love it!
4. What is the most embarrassing classic you haven’t read?:
Probably anything by the Brontës! Oops!
5. Top 5 classics you want to read:
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë.
- 1984 by George Orwell.
- Metamorphoses by Ovid.
- Sense and Sensibility (CR) by Jane Austen
6. Favourite modern book/series based on a classic?:
I am obsessed with Melanie Dickerson’s Hagenheim fairytale retelling series! I love all the stories and its a companion series so all the characters interact and it’s just the best thing.
7. Favourite move version tv series based on a classic?:
I really like the film of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. I think the casting is just perfect.
8. Worst classic to movie adaptation?:
I can’t think of one! I’m more of a read the book first kind of gir
l so my knowledge on classic adaptations is quite slim.
9. Favourite editions you’d like to collect more of?:
I absolutely love the Penguin Classics Deluxe Editions. You can see my copy of Sense and Sensibility here and the photo doesn’t even do it justice.
10. An underhyped classic?:
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley is one of the most amazing books, not just classic, out there. I don’t really hear that much about it but it’s so poignant and important, especially now in 2017.
This was a super fun tag! I tag all my bookclub girls to do this! If you want to do it too, just say I tagged you and go for it.
Thank you lovelies and happy reading! ox